Friday, August 17, 2012

Mother, Hunter, Tiger

**Author note: This was suppose to be a short story, but I couldn't get it to work so I turned it into a poem. I can't promise that this (or anything else I post) will be any good, but it is something that came from me. This is a new style of writing for me so it the flow is wrong or a bit off I apologize. I would appreciate some feedback on this so tell me the truth.... I know I won't get any because no one really reads this blog.



She tilts her head
First to the right
Then to the left
As she surveys her surroundings.
This place is new
But also old
Because in a way
She's been here before.
She smells the rain
Coming from the east
And she can smell the ocean
Coming from the west.
Above her is the sky
With it's clouds
As white as snow.
Below her is the ground
Firm and steady beneath her paws.
She senses that her prey is near
So she crouches low to the ground.
Stalking her prey
She creeps slowly closer
She can smell her prey
But her prey can not smell her
So she thanks the Wind God
For her luck has changed.
Her ears move minutely
As she listens for cries of alarm.
Hearing none
She springs forward
Running as fast as she can
In order to take down her prey.
She leaps onto the back
Of the unsuspecting animal
And drags it down.
She rips out its throat
With one practiced bite
And she relishes the feel of the blood
As it drips of her muzzle.
She let's go of the dead animal
And lets out a small cry of relief
Before dragging her meal back home.
When she got within seeing distance
Of the cave that is now her home
She sees three sets of eyes
Peering out at her from the gloom.
She drops her prey
And scents the air around her.
Sensing no danger she gives a low
But commanding grunt.
Three miniature versions of herself
Run out to greet her
And to see what mother has brought home.

No comments:

Post a Comment