Friday, August 10, 2012

Motivation, Procrastination's Enemy

~ I'm not one for explaining my poems because I like for them to speak to the individual reading them. This poem is a little different. I'm slow when it comes to motivating myself to do things, so when motivation hits me... it really hits me, as in smacks me upside the head. If you, the reader, takes something from this poem then that is great, but just remember that this poem is mostly for me.



Don't like your job?
Then go out and find one.
Don't like your life?
Then go out and get one.
Need more money?
Then go out and find some.
Want things to change?
Then go out and change it.
Want to be on your own?
Then go out and do it.
Want me to stop?
Then come shut me up.
You sit on your ass,
You whine like a little bitch,
And complain every step of the way,
But you still expect things to change.
Your life is your own,
And you can't get things for free,
So get off your ass,
And change your fate.
Life is a story,
And you have the pen,
So pick it back up,
And start writing again.
Dance in the rain,
Jump into puddles,
And smile once in a while.
This is your motivation speaking,
And you haven't heard the last of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment