Saturday, September 29, 2012

Daddy


I see you lying there,
Wasting away to nothing,
And I don't even know,
If you realize that I'm still here.
You want to leave this world,
And Daddy that's okay,
Because in the end,
It's better this way.
Unaware of your surroundings,
Not knowing where you are,
You seem so frightened,
But in bed is where your at.
I wish I could tell you,
That it's okay to die,
But I have a hard time,
Just looking you in the eye.
There are so many things,
That I wish we could have done,
And I wish I had been your daughter,
Right from the very beginning.
I may not have liked you,
When you first dated my mom,
But I grew to love you,
Because it was part of your charm.
You took me in,
Despite my destructive ways,
And you became my dad,
In every way that counts.
I love you,
And I don't want you to leave,
But I understand,
That the Gods are calling you home.
So go be with Them,
And see your mom again,
If that is what you want to do.
Please don't forget us,
And we won't forget you,
Because you will always be my Dad,
No matter what anyone else says.
I don't have to words,
To say this out loud to you,
So I hope my love and intention,
Finds it's way to you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment