Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Tunnel

~ This is just a note so I don't freak out the people who know me really well. I am trying to stay strong while watching what's happening with my dad, but sometimes it is hard to stay balanced on the razor blade I have been put upon. With out the people who love and care for me I don't know where I would be and I really don't want to find out. I have to write things down to get them out of my mind because if they are left there to fester... gods only know what could happen.

Now for the actual poetry.....



I can feel myself slipping,
Down that dark,
Unending tunnel,
And there is nothing I can do,
Nothing I can hold on to.
I am standing at the edge,
Looking down in to the abyss,
And all I can think of is,
What's it like down there.
I don't really want to go,
But curiosity always kills the cat.
The walls of the tunnel are so smooth,
That all it would take,
Would be one step.
That one step,
Would take you all the way to the bottom.
The end is nothing,
Nothing but a pool of blood.
I should know,
Because I've been there before,
And it took me years,
Just to get out again.
If I go,
I don't think I'll ever get out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment